DIRECT INSTALL TECHNICIAN
Energy Efficiency Commercial Direct Install Technician
Sparrow Energy Services
Los Angeles, CA
Sparrow Energy Services offers over 30 years of combined energy efficiency implementation
experience. As a Nationally Certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), a Nationally
Certified Women Business Enterprise (WBE), and a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB),
we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our owners created a company that was dedicated to excellence. Join our team today!
Sparrow Energy is searching for a motivated, focused, and experienced energy efficiency direct
install technician for a commercial energy efficiency program in Southern California. Our Direct
Installation Technician will perform a variety of activities to create energy savings for Small
Commercial buildings in the Southern California area. This position requires high attention to
detail and accuracy as well as very clear and proactive communication skills, both with internal
teammates and customers. Ideal candidate will adhere to strict safety protocols and have a
history of safe work practices.
All members of our team are expected to work together in a safe, inclusive, respectful, and
The duties will include but are not limited to:
• Inspect buildings to identify required weatherization measures, including repair work,
modification, or replacement.
• Inspect utility customer site conditions for necessary energy efficiency savings.
• Identifying energy saving solutions
• Prepare energy saving assessments (reports) for utility customers.
• Work with the entire program team to share ideas and new strategies.
• Maintain internal activity & financial transaction logs, and energy saving records.
• Prepare monthly technical, operational and safety reports.
• Generate new business by leveraging existing relationships with customers.
• Act as an "energy solutions expert" – by identifying and recommending energy savings opportunities (i.e., use of low flow showerheads and LED bulbs).
• Communicate with customers about utility related programs, offers and products.
• Recruit customers to participate in utility programs via canvassing, community events and referral programs.
• Schedule client appointments and answer program-related questions
Our Ideal Candidate is:
Bilingual Spanish &/or Chinese
• Experienced in commercial energy efficiency audit. (5 years or more)
• Team-oriented and Professional
• Experienced in HVAC, weatherization, lighting, and plumbing. (5 years or more)
• Experienced in water measure & lighting installation
• Commercial HVAC experience (5 years or more)
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Salesforce CRM
• Customer-service focused
• Ability to pass drug and background screening.
• Bi-lingual (Spanish/Chinese)
• Valid Driver’s License
• Reliable Transportation (Personal Vehicle)
• Willing to work flexible hours
• High Diploma or equivalent
• Energy, HVAC, Electrical, Energy Industry Related Certification/License
• Ability to lift items 50lbs +
• Travel 75% of time
• 2 years of relative experience
• Excellent customer service skills in addition to solid verbal and written communication skills
• Status: Full-Time, salary
• Schedule: M-F, 9-5pm (weekends on request)
• Benefits: Health Ins; Paid Holidays/Vacation/Sick time (eligibility-time in position)
• Salary: Based upon experience
How to Apply:
To apply send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For questions call 855-402-6470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org